Kosher Food in Nottingham - looking for local kosher goods?
Our Synagogue members have suggested the following, as good sources of kosher goods:
Sainsbury's Castle Marina, Nottingham.
This branch of Sainsbury's has been carrying kosher food for some time. The range changes from month to month.
- Frozen food: chicken pieces, several ice creams, latkes, Tival products and occasionally a surprise selection.
- Chilled food: the selection varies but usually includes sliced cold meats (chicken, turkey, salt beef, pastrami) chopped liver, salami, sausages, viennas, pickled herring, and a variety of salads including Israeli hummus, falafel, and Tival vegetarian slices.
- Dry goods: a wide ranging selection from cakes, biscuits and matzo meal, through soups, beans, stock cubes, pickles and olives, to Haribo sweets etc.
- Wines: Often difficult to find among all the regular wines, but Palwin and Kedem Kiddush wines are in there as well a red and two whites and a rose; including Baron Herzog.
Gee's Butcher, Birmingham.
Gee's have almost anything you could want, and will try to get it for you if they don't!
- Their range includes Challah, bagels, pitta bread, patisserie, cheeses and meats.
They deliver to Nottingham every Thursday. Delivery is to your door and there is no extra charge for this.
They will take orders by phone and will honour arrangements to deliver elsewhere if you are going to be out.
The Fruit Basket, Gordon Road, West Bridgford.
This is a vegetarian/vegan shop selling a wide range of organic and vegetarian food, including the Tival brand. They even have kosher ice cream.
There is a small kosher deli now on the Campus, selling 'Subway' style sandwiches. It can be found in the Portland Building on 'C' Floor. It is open Monday to Friday from 11.30am to 2.30pm.
For places further afield
Click here for information from the Kashrut Division of the London Beth Din